Cycling is a fun way to spend time. Other than the fact that it gives you good exercise, it also provides you with a form of escape if you want to relax your mind. If you are just starting out as a cyclist, one of the ways you can make things even more interesting is to find a cycling community around you so that you can ride together.
How to Find Cycling Community
- Ask For Recommendations: If you meet one cyclist on the road, it does not hurt to politely stop the and ask them if they come from around you. If they do, ask them if they are aware of a cycling community that can take you in. You will be surprised at how much information you can get by just asking.
- Do Research: Get online and do your research on some of the cycling communities that you can join. The other alternative is to explore social media pages such as Facebook and blogs to find out if there could be a community that you can join.
- Look out for notices: Some cycling communities put out notices calling out for member applications. Some of these notices can be found in gyms, malls, and other places where there are likely to be many people. You can also find them online.
- Create Your Own: If you realise that you are not getting any cycling community, you can simply set up your own and tell other like-minded people to apply. All you need is to have a passion for the sport and be willing to lead a group of people.
- Ask in Bike Shops: One of the likely places where you will find information about a cycling community is going to a bike shop. The sellers or people who do repairs interact with other cyclists and they can easily know who to approach if you need to join a cycling community.